handheld portable XRF gun
When it comes to precisely evaluating your samples’ elemental composition, measuring coating thickness or simply identifying a material type, there’s no instrument that can do all in one like FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500 portable handheld XRF gun. It has been designed bearing in mind a vast range of applications, be it small and intricate samples or large and bulky objects.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500
Whether you need to accurately measure the plating thickness of your products, identify the metal type of incoming raw materials or determine individual chemical elements for research purposes then FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500 gives you the flexibility to safely measure large and small parts in hard and easy to reach locations. This portable XRF is ideal for material analysis and nondestructive measurement of multiple coating thickness layers, complex material combinations and alloys.
Designed to fit in a human hand, FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN portable handheld XRF is is just as powerful as a large desktop XRF system. Weighting only 5 pounds (2.27kg), it ensures a great flexibility, mobility and accuracy with just a simple ‘click’ of a trigger. Powerful Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) can identify a wide range of materials Al(13) to U(92) within just 5 seconds, while thermally stabilised X-ray tungsten tube ensures long-lasting service for many years.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500 Features and Benefits
- Compact and sturdy handheld instrument for non-destructive material analysis with X-ray fluorescence.
- Extremely safe. Flat detector fully protects operators and your customers from hazardous X-ray energy backscatter.
- Doesn’t require any sample preparation and produces accurate results with average test times of 5 seconds.
- 3-point support removes extra strain on an operator’s hand what allows seamless routine measurements, repetitive results and more secure positioning.
- Easy positioning of small samples is possible thanks to the spacious measurement chamber
- Aperture of 2mm allows to focus and measure in exceedingly small spots on a sample
- Various small and complex geometry samples can be tested in specific regions thanks to be bottom up measurement
- WinFTM software for seamless measurements, data collection and processing comes pre-installed on PC or laptop
Material analysis is achieved using the XRF method and Fischer’s range of instruments have the capability to identify unknown materials. The ‘Material ID’ function is easily configured to identify an unknown sample by comparing the spectrum with a library of stored reference spectra. The library can be edited and customised by the user to incorporate known materials and utilised for ‘goods in’ testing for example.
Plating Solution Testing
The quality of metallic coatings depends heavily on the formulation of the plating bath solution, which consequently needs to be monitored. Compared with other methods like titration, XRF analysis of such solutions is straightforward.
Sample preparation and XRF testing is quick, and clean as opposed to other analytical methods where gases (Ar) or purified water are used. These can be messy, time consuming and the results subjective.
The supplied Fischer WinFTM software has full SPC (Statistical Process Control) functionality for optimisation of measurements and control of quality throughout the manufacturing process.
All Fischer X-ray instruments are supplied with a fully-featured software package that includes a report editor module.
Optimise your workflow, save time and resources, and professionally present the measurement data to your customers. Simply create a template and report your test results directly from the instrument.
Incorporate tables, charts, pictures, spectra, and statistical data into a professional document with your company logo. With one click of a button, the report can be printed as a ‘certificate of testing’ to accompany the goods. The final results can also be exported to Excel, CSV, and PDF formats.
You will have received an onsite installation training session when the machine is commissioned. This is designed to get you up and running.
Many customers, however, request additional training after a few weeks or months – because usually, questions relating specifically to their measurement application and production activities arise sometime after they start using the X-ray.
Also, with time, the original operators may leave the company, and a proper handover of knowledge relating to the instrument does not occur – so invariably key information gets forgotten or its importance diluted.
Make sure you keep trained, informed, and knowledgeable about your X-ray and of its capabilities.
Technical support, advice, and information are free: call our applications support line and speak directly with a Fischer technician.
FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500 Applications
- Accurate coating thickness measurement on steel, aluminium, silver and other complex alloys.
- Precise metal content evaluation in incoming good inspection, quality assurance or production.
- Instant results, automated data storage and labelling allows a high throughput of samples.
- Analysis of multiple coating layers and alloys like ZnNi over Fe or Au over NiP over Fe
- Ideal tool for Automotive manufacturers who need to check the thickness of Cr over Ni over Cu on plastic
- Measurement of bulky and odd shaped parts right where they’re located, for example at museums or excavation sites
- Ideal instrument for buy and resell of precious metals to ensure and guarantee the genuineness
Service and Applications Support
Your application challenges are our prime focus. We’ve built two state-of-the-art laboratories in Lymington and Nottingham, where our technical experts with more than 25 years of experience are eager to help you. We’re always available to assist you with choosing the right instrument, developing a new measurement approach, testing samples, defining an appropriate application, and creating a compelling case study or a report to prove your ideas.
At the same time, our service department ensures almost an instant response to any of your requests, with an average turnaround time of 48 hours to resolve outstanding issues and enough engineers in your area who are available to travel on-site to support you.
Fischer Instrumentation offers one year warranty on all of the instruments supplied. This fully covers you for any unexpected breakdowns or issues you may encounter.